Click to watch full video: https://youtu.be/lJEUrxuGjBM
Song: Resurrecting- Elevation worship
Matthew 20:17-28 - Conversations: Overhearing Jesus talk with people on their journeys.
● Jesus listens with interest like you are truly interruptible (20:20-21).
▪Sometimes, it is good for us to listen as if we are interruptible- showing attitude that we are interested in others, even though it interrupts our daily schedule.
● Responds with gentleness even to selfish ambition (20:22-23).
▪ The Zebedee brothers' mom's request was selfish and irritating as she wants a place of honor for her sons. It was more like she was saying, "I'm your aunt, they are your cousins- give me what I want. You're gonna die anyway."Yet, Jesus listened.
● Huddle up with purpose to focus on mission (20:24-28).
▪Jesus addressed the obvious (emotion, conflict, ...) ▪Points to the model (Jesus himself) and why He is better!
▪ We do not need to seek power in place of authority, instead we should make ourselves available to serve others.
▪We should learn to keep the conversation short, like Jesus did.
▪While we're having conversations, we should not forget to lead people to Christ.
#FBCBolivar #PstBillyRussell #ElevationWorship #Resurrecting #BlessedWeekAhead #BukolaCares .