Spoonful Fusion - Crab Cakes 🦀Recipe
Ingredients 🥄 * 1 lb crab meat, jumbo lump
* 1 large egg
* 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
* 1 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 3 - 4 dashes hot sauce, optional
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
* 1/3 cup green onion, finely sliced * 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped, fresh or dried
* 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
* oil, for frying
1. Transfer crabmeat into a colander then set aside to drain excess liquid. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce (optional), garlic powder, paprika and salt until completely combined. Add bell pepper, green onion and parsley then stir to combine.
2. Gently fold in drained crabmeat until well coated. Once the crab is moistened, add bread crumbs, gently folding until the crumbs are completely mixed in. Try to leave crab chunks as intact as possible. Cover mixture then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Form patties using ⅓ cup of the mixture at a time. When forming the patties, compress the mixture well, but don’t mash them together or they will become too dense. The mixture will be moist, but should hold together. If the mixture does not hold together, just add a bit more bread crumbs.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat then add just enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Heat oil until it is shimmering, then gently place crab cakes into the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan and work in batches if necessary.
5. Fry crab cakes until dark golden brown, about 3–5 minutes per side. Remove from pan then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil. Serve piping hot with a wedge of lemon alongside your favourite salad 🥗
Follow Spoonfulfusion 🥄for more delicious and easy recipes. Bringing you a zest of flavour from my kitchen to yours.