[ 9 Must-Haves for the Pilgrim’s Backpack 🎒 ]
When you decide to undertake a pilgrimage it’s very important to take all the necessary equipment for dealing with the road that lies ahead, while making sure not to weigh yourself down needlessly. Basic equipment includes: a sleeping bag, a mat, an inflatable pillow, a towel, a water bottle, a guide, hiking shoes and poles. But many other objects could come in real handy - here are some of them:
1. 🧥 Rain poncho: oversized if possible, so it covers your backpack as well.
2. 🦶 Sandals: useful both in the shower and during the rest stops, to allow your feet to get as much fresh air as possible.
3. 🧶 Cord or twine (7-8 meters): useful for hanging up wet laundry and many other purposes.
4. 🧷 Safety pins of various sizes: for pinning laundry on your backpack to dry as you walk.
5. 🧰 First-Aid Kit: potential ingredients are wide-ranging, but you shouldn’t be without gauze, bandages (especially those for blisters), painkillers, foot-protection cream, disinfectant, and sterile needles for blisters.
6. 🧢 Sunscreen and hat: it’s important to protect yourself from the sun. Sunscreen should have a high SPF, and your hat should be foldable (so it occupies less space when you put it away) and protect the back of your neck.
7. 🔦 Flashlight: indispensable for getting around in the dark wherever you’re sleeping, and useful if you set off before dawn.
8. 〽️ Neon strips: they can be placed on your backpack to give you improved visibility if you have to walk on the side of the road.
9. 🍽 Plastic cup and set of cutlery: for improvised trail-side meals. *Co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and 2014-2020 Interreg V-A Italy-Austria
#walkart #fvglive #igersfvg #slowtravel #slowtourism #pilgrim #pilgrimage #walking #walkingtour #slowlife #slowlifestyle #discover #backpack #backpackerpilgrim #equipment #pilgrimlife #musthave #necessaryequipment #basicequipment