This little shrimp meat balls, so tasty for dinner or just a snack! I would definitely eat those ON my bed. A good meal or breakfast in bed is the best thing! Especially, someone like me with kids , and stuck home in the evenings all the time. Lol Sorry for the people don’t like to eat in bed, I do tell my kids not to eat in bed, but that is not the rule for me, I need to close the door. :) Those shrimp meat balls are so crispy outside, and juicy soft inside. And I use half to fry then half I use to make a soup. You can use them in many different ways, I will share the soup recipe tomorrow, basically same recipe for the meat balls.
200g Shrimp peeled
100g Ground pork
50g or 1/4 cup Edamame peeled
50g or 1/4cup Water chestnuts (You can get them in cans, fresh ones always better）
50g or 1/4cup Fresh or dried mushrooms(I use dried shiitake mushrooms this time, just need to soak in the water for at least 30 minutes or more, I usually just soak them the day before, leave them overnight)
1 tbs Corn starch
1/4 tsp White pepper powder
3 tbs Soy Sauce
2 tbs Shaoxing cooking Wine
2 and 1/2 cup Cooking oil
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 sheet tofu skin
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt to taste
1. Mincing Shrimp, Edamame, Water chestnuts and mushrooms into size of about a mung bean size, but not fine like a paste. You can use the food processor, but don’t ground them into a paste, taste better there are texture in the meatballs. So I am old fashion, I hand chop everything.
2. In a mixer mix shrimp, ground pork , edamame, water chestnuts and mushrooms, add one egg, then add corn starch, soy sauce, cooking wine, white pepper and salt. Mix well with everything.
3. Use a tablespoon scoop the meat mixture to shape a meat ball, put bread crumbs in a bowl and whisk one egg in another bowl. Roll the meat balls in the egg first then coat them with breadcrumbs.
4. In a wok or cast iron pan, add cooking oil for deep fry (375 degrees). Cut the tofu skin in squares , dry them with paper towels. Fry them for 1 minute, they cook very quickly. Take them out drain the oil.
5. Then put the meatballs Fry for about 5 minutes until golden outside.
6. Season with some sesame oil then serve