So today I decided to share 10 facts about me. A raw little insight into my travel world.
1. I left college at the age of 17 to do a Modern Apprenticeship in a high street (big chain!)travel agency in Newcastle and have pretty much never left the industry since
2. I was always ambitious and worked my way up to Manager in a call centre for a large tour operator by the time I was 20
3. Most of my 20s was spent travelling or living and working overseas (Greece, Cyprus and Egypt are places I have once called my home)
4. I have done such a host of jobs in the travel industry that I dont think there is much I haven't done (travel agent, business development, product, reservations, overseas rep to name just a few)
5. I was once sent on a "work" trip to Maldives and really didn't want to go. I just really didnt think it was for me. I love the adventure and touring is much more my thing. After 24 hours in Maldives I almost cried at how beautifully perfect it is.
6. I closed down my travel agency business a couple of years ago for personal family reasons and only set up again in 2019 thanks to my beautiful good friend @inspectingtheworld who already has an incredibly successful business and has allowed me to be a part of it
7. I take things personally and I know its not always a great thing but I do genuinely care that people have a perfect holiday. It sounds like a total cliche but when things go wrong (and they can) even when its totally out of my control I really stew over it!
8. My biggest fear is that life, work and money distract me from just being with my daughter and watching her grow. I never want her to look back and think I wasnt "present" enough
9. I have a weird vibe that I just "know" when I've found the right deal for someone based on what they want and I dont like to stop looking until I know I've found it. I dont know where this came from but I think if I know exactly what someone wants there is a gut feeling when you know you got it right
10. I have forever been haunted by feeling split in two. Half of me is ambitious and wants to work crazy hours and the other half wants to sell up and sell rum on a deserted beach 🙈