Normally I’d save a pancake recipe for a weekend post, but considering you can make these Banana Protein Pancakes with just 5 ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen and since they only take about 5 minutes to make, they seem totally appropriate for your weekday breakfasts! Here’s how to make them:
B A N A N A🥞P R O T E I N🥞P A N C A K E S
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use @primalkitchenfoods vanilla collagen fuel)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
To serve: you can top with almond butter, berries, and/or dip into a small dish of maple syrup (always dip instead of pouring, you’ll use half as much!)
1. Whisk egg in a bowl (or in a glass measuring cup for easy pouring of batter into the pan)
2. Add to the mashed banana, protein powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. (The batter will look a little weird and won’t be entirely smooth, don’t worry)
3. Spray a pan with coconut oil spray or heat some grass-fed butter over medium heat.
4. Pour batter into pan (it will make 3 pancakes) and flip when ready, about 3 minutes, or when you see the batter start to bubble. Cook for another couple minutes on the other side.
5. Top with your desired toppings. Enjoy - these will make your weekday morning feel like a special Saturday!