Nintendo Dream: Sakurai - On Belmonts' Design, On Inkling's, On Ridley's, & More 🔥
PushDustIn on Twitter has recently translated a reposted interview with Masahiro Sakurai from last month's issue. This included some new information.
• Of course Sakurai looked at the original games on the NES. But he also took some inspiration from Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.
▪On ARMS & Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
• Notes they had unfortunate timings.
• All the characters were decided at the start of the project plan, and it wasn't possible to add more in the middle of development.
▪On the Inkling:
• Inkling's concept revolved around managing how much ink was left. This concept in itself was very difficult to implement and the result is the ink system we see in Smash Ultimate.
• Did consult with the Splatoon team in order to decide how the ink should act in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
• The alts for Inkling was decided in coordination with the Splatoon team.
• Wasn't added to "bone" to the casual audience.
• Notes that her and Villager are more technical fighters, and are enjoyed by more hardcore Smash players.
• Also notes that Isabelle can be harder to fight against since she has a lot of tools.
• Was perhaps one of the most difficult fighters to implement because of his size.
• He decided to have his arms and legs bend like his NES/SNES appearances to still give him the impression he was big.
▪On Piranha Plant:
• Was decided because of their uniqueness in regards to their moveset.
• Notes that it's hard to make sword users stand out. He jokes that protagonists should get an axe sometimes.
• Says it's a very well known character.
• Also notes that even characters that punch/kick can feel generic. With Piranha Plant they have moves that's only possible with them.
• ( All Credits to & Translated by PushDustIn on Twitter )
• ( Source: Nintendo Dream )
#nintendo #nintendofan #nintendogamer #nintendoswitch #Switch #mario #supermario #supermarioodyssey #loz #zelda #breathofthewild #splatoon #splatoon2 #ARMS #pokemon #kirby #supersmashbros #gamer #gaming #gamingart #gaminglife #videogames #videogameart #artwork #art #news