Backpacking: Conclusions. Lessons. Takeaways.
For those who read the previous posts on how I chose the backpacks and my packing list. This is me bowing down my head and humbly admitting the errors.
1. I totally overpacked 🤦🏻♀️. I wore the same clothes in rotation, DIDN’T TOUCH nice dress, a pair of pants, and four t-shirts!
2. Shouldn’t have taken so many socks, 3 would have been enough, and you can buy them anywhere
3. My fashion attempt went out the window when the weather sucked. I roamed around in my husband’s hoodie most of the time. So like I dunno bring a husband on the trip I guess.. 🤔
4. I made sure to get AirBnB’s with laundry but I didn’t expect to not figure out how to use the washing machines and read labels in German, Czech, or Hungarian 🧐. I think I used a plentyfold of fabric softener instead of detergent in Berlin and had to throw out some ruined undershirts
5. Buying new shoes early into the trip. Why? I don’t know 🤷♀️. Don’t ask. But it took up too much space in backpack and there went the room for other shopping.
6. Shampoo, shower gel, etc - can find all that at AirBnB’s (if you rummage through cabinets, or at the nearest store) - and it was was jsut an unnecessary extra hassle at security with the plastic bags and stuff
Hope this helps, my fellow #travelers and aspiring #backpackers !
Adding a total WIN and why it was all worth it. Budapest airport is too small for demand. The departures check-in areas was just PACKED! It was the most amazing feeling in the world to just step over other ppl’s luggage and strut straight to security.