☀️Super Simple, Tasty Rice & Chicken!!🔥
✅Save this recipe for later to make💚
✅Tag someone who loves chicken!😋
✅Follow @easy.healthy.eats 👈🏼
By @recipe_tin .
750 g / 1.5 lb chicken thighs , skin on, bone in, halved along bone
2/3 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp veg oil , 6 minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1/8 tsp ground turmeric, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cayenne (adjust to taste), 1/2 tsp ground cardamom, 2 tsp EACH garam marsala & coriander, 1 tbsp cumin, 2 tbsp paprika , sweet / ordinary, 1 3/4 tsp salt
Rice: 3L/3qt water, 2 tbsp salt, 10 cloves, 5 dried bay leaves, 1 star anise, 6 green cardamon pods, 2 1/4 cups basmati rice
Crispy Onions (or use store bought fried Asian shallots): 2 medium onions finely sliced, 1 cup oil , for frying
Saffron: 1 tsp saffron threads (loosely packed) seeped in 2 tbsp warm water for 10 min
Biryani: 1 cup coriander / cilantro , chopped, 60 g / 1/4 cup ghee or unsalted butter , melted
Garnish: Yoghurt .
1. Mix Marinade in large pot, add chicken. Marinade 3 – 24 hours.
2. Rice: Bring water to water, add everything else. Bring back to boil, then cook 4 minutes. Drain immediately.
3. Fry onions until golden crispy, drain on paper towel.
4. Put covered pot with chicken over medium heat. Cook 5 min. Remove lid, cook 5 min, turning chicken. Turn heat off, put chicken skin side down.
5. Top chicken with half the onions, half the coriander. Add all rice, gently pat down. Drizzle with saffron water then ghee, place lid on. Turn stove onto medium high, as soon as you see steam, turn down to low and cook for 25 minutes.
6. Rest with lid on for 10 minutes then serve, garnished with remaining coriander and onion with dollop of yoghurt (mint yoghurt recipe on site)
#recipetineats #biryani #indianfood #chicken #chickenrecipes #chickenandrice #quickdinner #lovefitness #healthyfoodie #fitnessguru #fitnessportugal #fitnesstime #fitnessfood #mealprepideas #takecareofyourself #holisticnutrition #healthyyou #healthyhabits #naturalhealth #nutritionist #eatcleantrainmean #healthyrecipe #eatright #healthylunch #weightlossjourney #weightlossjourney2019 #weightlossmeals #weightlosstransformatio